Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of services do you provide?
We can cater just about any event up to 200 people. Our specialty is buffet service which can be accomplished with fewer staff to save you money.
We have catered Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Snack Bars, Business Lunches, Christmas Parties, Celebrity Dinners, and many other
events.We have a full certified kitchen at our disposal as well as being able to prepare food on site.
2. Are you licensed and insured?
Yes, as required by California State law, we work out of a commercial kitchen certified by the Sonoma County Department of Health. We also have a
catering permit from Department of Health. We carry one million dollars in liability insurance.
3. Are we limited to just a few menu choices?
No. We custom build your event to meet your needs. We will sit down with you and discuss your planned menu. We will work with you to provide
quality food at reasonable prices. In the end, the customer has the final say on menu choices. Your satisfaction is our priority.
4. Do you help us with rentals?
Yes, we work closely with our preferred rental center which has a full range of event equipment for all nearly any occasion.
5. We are having a family reunion, can I have you provide food and also have attendees bring home cooked food?
We are sorry, but our insurance prohibits us from providing services for such a circumstance. All food at the event we cater must come from licensed,
6. Our event location does not have a kitchen. How will you prepare the food?
We have food containters that can keep hot and cold food at safe serving temperatures for hours. We also have sufficient equipment to prepare most
food on site.
7. Catering seems expensive. How come?
Hiring a professional to prepare food can be expensive as compared to providing your own food. You are paying for several things.
• The luxury of having someone else professionally prepare your food while you relax and enjoy your event
• Bringing professional expertise, equipment and staff to prepare and serve your food
• The experience of preparing food for up to several hundred people
• Cleaning up the preparation and serving area after the event
We work with you to provide you with a professionally catered event, yet strive to keep costs low where we can.
8. I found another caterer who is a friend of a friend and they are really cheap compared to your quote and others I've received. How can they do it so
Be sure to check to see if they are licensed and insured. If they are holding themselves out to be a caterer in Sonoma County, they must be licensed
by the Sonoma County Health Department. Anyone can purchase catering equipment and call themselves a "caterer", but if they are licensed, they
must meet certain minimum requirements in order to legally operate as a caterer. Chances are good that they operate out of their home and cook in a
non-certified kitchen that does not receive periodic inspections from a County Heath Inspector.
Owning or renting commercial kitchen space, obtaining a Catering Permit, and purchasing insurance can be expensive. These costs play a factor in
our (and every other catering companies) prices. By hiring a certified, legal company, you can be assured that proper inspections, licensing and
inspections are being conducted annually.
Sonoma County Health Department Food Facility Results - Search for a Food Facility
Sonoma County Health Department - Catering Requirements